3.18.2014

Crawling to the Finish Line

Okay it may not be the finish line exactly, but I am crawling towards Spring Break. Four more days, and ya know what? I think I'll make it!

Since I'm trying to catch up on this whole blogging thing, this might be a little scatterbrained (but, then again, whats new?)

Three weeks, start to finish, I can officially down with my thesis proposal! The weight that was lifted off my shoulders, I'm talking a freaking elephant, was a pretty euphoric feeling. The moment I pressed submit for my funding grant, I could see the confetti flying inside my brain, there were even those party poppers! I can't say I know a whole lot about congestive heart failure now, but hopefully give me a year and at least I might know something. Speaking of nursing, I learned how to start an IV last week! I'm taking volunteers for people to practice on..just kidding (well sort of). I'm sure the entire universe will hear about the first IV I start on an actual person...

Last Thursday was a great day to be an Arkansas Tri Delta! We had our annual Pancake Pigout philanthropy dinner, with all the proceeds (the pancakes were donated!!) going to the precious little kiddos at St. Jude. One of our cooks had to leave for the night so yours truly even flipped a few flapjacks! My first batch definitely didn't make the cut, but I got the hang out it after a few flips. The highlight of the night came when I finally got my chance to be Dolphy the Dolphin (and no that's not the mascots real name, I just felt like it needed a name). I climbed into the mascot suit and shook my fin like there was no tomorrow! I can't say being a mascot was necessarily on my bucket list but it is now (and crossed off I might add)

This weekend was a much needed break. I got to head on down to Little Rock to hang out with the brothers. Even Matt was off from her surgery rotation! We took the little nuggets to the zoo for the new baby tigers' welcome home party! I think I might have even had more fun then Marshall. The joys of staying in a gluten free household, Jason's Deli and P.F. Changs, um yum. Of course we couldn't not celebrate St. Patty's Day so we added a little food coloring to some champagne and voila, green drinks! I finally got to see Frozen, a perk of staying with parents of small children. I even got a few hours to be a total granola and try out my new hammock in the backyard! Overall, a great weekend, of course it's always great when I get to see my family.

A little blurp, I'm going to Honduras for Spring Break! I'm going with an organization called Global Medical Brigades. Basically, along with about 30 other students, we'll travel with some doctors, dentists, and pharmacists to rural Honduras and provide medical care to those who would not otherwise have it. Now this definitely has been on my bucket list!!!! I can't wait, I will for sure share when I get back.

Also coming up when I get back, BIRTHDAY PALOOZA!!!!! The big 2-1 is right around the corner!







No comments:

Post a Comment